Friday, November 19, 2010

101 Reasons Why I Love Florida: Reason #4



















I often tell people, "When I win the lottery, don't look for me in Key West." It's not because I won't be there, it's because I won't want anyone to find me.

My husband and I went to Key West for the first time in May, 2004, and I fell in love instantly. There is such a relaxed atmosphere that it almost feels like another world. We rented a scooter and puttered around the island to see the sights. We saw the buoy at the southernmost point (where I received a very sweet marriage proposal), went for a sail on the Schooner Western Union, walked Duval Street, visited the lighthouse, and so many other things that I honestly can't remember them all. At sunset we made our way to Mallory Square and enjoyed several street performers and some of the most gorgeous sunsets anyone could hope to experience.

This year I got to visit Key West again, this time with my sister. I'm so glad I got to share it with her, and I can't wait to go again! Come on, LOTTO!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh christy dear...i love your profile on this...."one day having a life of my own again." Such a loverley thought....28 years later...i am still trying. good luck girl...i know you will do great.
Most important, don't worry about that right now.....those two girls are what it's all about ;)(Ps i have my own life in between everything else and quite frankly...nothing compares )

Tori Lennox said...

Nobody's going to be able to find you? Not even your favorite second cousin??? LOL!

Tori Lennox said...

Nobody's going to be able to find you? Not even your favorite second cousin??? LOL!

Tori Lennox said...

Weird. I wonder why that posted twice?

Christy said...

Hey, I never told YOU not to look for me, did I?

Tori Lennox said...

So I can look but I just won't be able to find you, is that it? LOL!

Christy said...

There shall only be a select few on the approved visitors list. Fear not - you're already on it.